Two inside sales managers for Major League Soccer’s Chicago Fire talk about their work and career paths in the newest episode of Trine University’s Center for Sports Studies podcast.
Trine’s Troutman chosen for ICI Leadership Academy
January 31, 2024
The Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) has selected Rachel Troutman, vice president for university marketing and communications at Trine University, to be part of the fourth cohort of its ICI Leadership Academy.
The year-long program specializes in the talent development needs of faculty and staff members of private college campuses.
Cisco Ortiz, vice president for student affairs at Trine University, recently completed the Leadership Academy after being named to the third cohort last year.
“As Indiana’s private colleges continue charting their course into the future, it is imperative to empower emerging leaders at every echelon,” said Laura Bridges, vice president and COO at ICI. “To facilitate this, ICI has innovatively tailored the Leadership Academy to address the unique talent development needs of private college campuses in a cost-effective and easily accessible manner.”
Each participant was identified by their sponsoring college as someone whose leadership will be critical to the future of the institution.
Over the course of the program, these aspiring leaders will gain understanding of their institution holistically, and within the context of the state and federal higher education landscape. Academy graduates are trained to view their college through multiple lenses (academic, financial, community involvement and others) and to develop the leadership competencies needed for their institution’s and their own professional success.
“As we launch the fourth Leadership Academy cohort, we’re not just expanding a program; we’re sculpting a transformative force at our member institutions,” said Dottie L. King, president and CEO of ICI. “This initiative isn’t just about education; it’s a catalyst for the evolution of leadership, fostering individuals who will propel our private colleges to new heights.”
Other members of the ICI Leadership Academy are as follows:
- Marlo Cookston, director for enterprise risk and facilities, Anderson University
- Pamela Campbell, CFO and vice president for finance and administration, Bethel University
- Melyssa Geever, grant operations coordinator, Bethel University
- Josh Hayes, registrar, Butler University
- Dionne Jones-Malone, vice president of student engagement and retention, Calumet College of Saint Joseph
- Gariot P. Louima, senior associate vice president, strategic and diversity initiatives, Earlham College
- Andrew Rosner, director of digital fluency, Franklin College
- Chandler Buchfeller, director of resident life and housing, Goshen College
- Cheryl Bremer, dean of school of education, Grace College
- Heather Buhr, executive director of student financial services, Hanover College
- Valerie Young, professor of communication and associate provost for faculty development, Hanover College
- Andy McKee, director of human resources, Title IX Coordinator, Huntington University
- Mike Bedel, assistant vice president for finance and accounting, Marian University
- Natalie Tucker, vice president and academic dean, Marian University’s Ancilla College
- Qiana Hall, associate vice president of enrollment services, Martin University
- Toni Williams, provost and executive vice president of academic affairs, Martin University
- Janie Szabo, interim human resources director, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Michelle Egan, special assistant to the president, Saint Mary’s College
- Nancy Dayton, dean of arts and humanities, professor of english, Taylor University
- Ben Johnson, associate dean, University of Evansville
- Kristy Miller, interim dean, William L. Ridgway College of Arts and Sciences, University of Evansville
- Amber R. Smith, vice president, student experience, success and belonging, University of Indianapolis
- Monica Newland, senior associate director of admissions, University of Notre Dame
- Michelle Kuhlhorst, associate vice president of enrollment management, University of Saint Francis
- Cassandra Spier, executive director of communications and university events, Valparaiso University
- Kim Johnson, director of communications and editor of Wabash Magazine, Wabash College
- Allison Manwell, assistant athletic director–internal operations, Wabash College
Two Trine University bridge teams participated in the first online collegiate team tournament of the year Sunday, Feb. 18.
Eight students, part of the Lego League Team at Success Academy Primary School (SAPS), spent the first semester of their school year developing Braille Lego kits for the Innovation Project.