Financial Aid FAQ's


How will I pay for my education?

There are several options. Federal financial aid may be available. In addition, students can apply for loans, company tuition reimbursement, or pay out of pocket in full or through our convenient pay plan.

My company pays tuition assistance, is deferred billing available?

Yes. Deferred billing is available. You can download the form or ask your advisor for more information.

Is financial aid available for summer classes?

Your summer financial aid eligibility depends on many different factors. For an answer on your individual eligibility, we encourage you to contact the Financial Aid Office at or 877-294-4878.

Are there any special lab fees?

No. We do not have any special lab fees.

Is there a fee for books?

The cost of books is in addition to tuition. Financial aid can be used for the purchase of your books.

Why does my bill not reflect any or only a portion of the grants, awards or loans that I am expecting?

Visit on a computer (mobile devices may not work) and log in using your Student ID Number as the username and password (case sensitive).

When logged into MyTrineFA, please view the Missing Documents page and the Accept/Decline Awards page from the drop down menu. Please complete any requested documents and accept or decline your awards showing as pending.

How do I receive a refund of the excess funds on my account?

Refunds of credit balance, due to Title IV Federal aid, will be issued on the dates provided in the academic calendar based on enrollment. The refund will be processed one of two ways:

Direct Deposits:
Your refund may be processed as a direct deposit. How? Go to myPortal > Student (log in) > My Student Account > Refund Request (submit). Your information will automatically be stored securely in our database; no need to submit again unless you need to update your information. It is a quick and easy way to receive a refund!

If you do not submit direct deposit information through myPortalOpens in new window, your refund will be processed as a check and mailed to your legal/home address.

What is the 1098-T form and how do I receive one?

The 1098-T form is necessary if you will be claiming the American Opportunity Tax Credit or the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit. The forms are available on myPortalOpens in new window each year by the January 31st deadline. For questions about the tax credits, please contact your tax advisor or go to the IRS website and look at Publication 970.

To print your 1098-T form, log in your myPortal account and click on the Student tab. You will then see the 1098-T form Printing selection on the left-hand side. Click on this to print the form.

Contact TrineOnline Financial Aid


Office Phone: 877-294-4878